Vaginal Tightening / FemiLift
Lifecycle processes such as childbirth, hormonal changes that accompany aging and severe weight fluctuations can overstretch vaginal tissue, damage collagen and alter the muscle tone in the vaginal wall. These anatomical changes often lead to symptoms such as vaginal laxity, vaginal atrophy and involuntary bladder leakage. These feminine health conditions negatively affect women’s quality of life and often prevent them from carrying out a normal lifestyle. FemiLift offers a quick, safe and highly effective, minimally-invasive solution that addresses a wide range of feminine health concerns. FemiLift by Alma Lasers provides a comprehensive treatment solution that can be performed in an outpatient setting with no need for anesthesia and no pain, achieving immediate improvement with lasting results. There is no patient downtime and women can regain their daily routine immediately post treatment.
Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI)
SUI involves involuntary leakage of urine in response to abdominal pressure. This condition is caused by a loss of urethral support, usually as a consequence of pelvic support structure damage. Patients usually report leakage of urine of various severities during activities that increase intra-abdominal pressure such as coughing, sneezing or heavy lifting. Using micro-ablative energy to achieve a deep thermal effect, FemiLift stimulates collagen renewal as well as contraction of the elastic fibers, inducing rejuvenation and remodeling of the treated area. FemiLift treats the entire pre-urethral space, increasing the thickness of the vaginal walls and providing increased support to the mid urethra underside. The newly strengthened pelvic support structure reduces the symptoms of SUI and provides long-term patient continence.
Vaginal laxity, especially around the vaginal opening can lead to diminished tightness and sensitivity in the vaginal area, causing decreased satisfaction during sexual intercourse and creating a significant quality of life issue. FemiLift offers a simple and quick treatment solution that restores the mucosal tone of the vaginal walls and enhances the sensitivity of vaginal receptors. Concentrated thermal heating and micro-ablation is applied throughout the inner layer of the vaginal tissue, stimulating collagen regeneration and contracture of elastin fibers. The female genital tissue is restored to its more youthful state, embedded with thick and long collagen fibers and decreased vaginal diameter.
Reduction in Vaginal Dryness & Recurrent Infections
FemiLift effectively addresses additional feminine health issues. The treatment helps women suffering from dryness and recurrent vaginal infections by rejuvenating the vulvo-vaginal mucosa tissue (the lining inside the vagina) and improving vaginal lubrication. The effect of the laser increases the local immune system response while generating new healthy tissue with higher immune resistance. The increased long-term immunity allows the vaginal area to resist infections while naturally maintaining normal vaginal PH and microflora.
In Office & Minimally Invasive
The innovative FemiLift procedure is done in office using a novel, minimally invasive technology that requires no post treatment down time. Patients report a near-immediate return to activity, including sexual intercourse (usually after 72 hrs). The lasting benefits of FemiLift can be an improved quality of life and deeply enhanced self esteem.
Safe, Accurate and Remarkably Effective
The FemiLift hand-piece is a precision tool yet designed for ease of use. At the same time, the procedure takes less than 30 minutes. With no downtime and a minimal risk of infection, bleeding and other side effects patient satisfaction is high.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there any special instructions for after treatment? Need to avoid penetrative intercourse for 3 days.
- Can anything go wrong? CO2 lasers have been used for the past 30 years and have been shown to be safe and effective for a variety of applications, including Gynecology. As with any medical interventions, treatment by untrained individuals can lead to excessive scaring or difficulty in passing urine.
- Can I have this treatment if I had a hysterectomy? Yes
- Can I undergo treatment if I am on my period? FemiLift is not performed during a patient’s menstrual period as the laser will not achieve optimal results.
- Can I undergo the treatment while breast-feeding? Yes
- Can it hurt my clitoris? No. The clitoral nerves are located away from the treated area.
- Can I exercise straight after? Yes, you can regain normal exercise regime immediately after the treatment.
- Does the treatment hurt during or after? No. The treatment is pain free. It is more comfortable than having a pap smear test.
- How far does the laser go? The laser probe is inserted into the vagina up to the cervix, about 6-8 cm deep. The laser beam travels about 0.05 mm into the vaginal tissue.
- How long after giving birth can I undergo treatment? After a vaginal delivery, it is recommended to wait 3 months to ensure that any scars from the delivery tears or episiotomy have had the chance to heal.
- If I have vaginal thrush, will this treatment make it worse? We do not recommend undergoing treatment with FemiLift if you are experiencing active or acute vaginal infections.
How Does FemiLift Work?
FemiLift offers an innovative noninvasive solution using Alma Lasers‘ powerful 30 w CO2 laser. FemiLift concentrated thermal heating of the vaginal tissue inner layers induces Collagen and Elastine contraction and regeneration of these proteins in the long run. These molecular signals activate the entire wound healing process of the body’s local immune system. Treatment outcome is the complete remodeling of the vaginal tissue in addition to re-establishment of a firm “young like” vaginal tissue embedded with string, thick and long Collagen fibers.
- Vaginal remodeling pain free procedure
- Lunch break procedure at the Gynecology clinic (10-15 min)
- Proven technology for effective results
- Long lasting results
- No need for anesthetics
- Improves vaginal dryness and stress urinary incontinence